![]() |
| Don Heriberto Aguilar, Rancho Los Tules, Baja California |
We have room from 5pm on through the night..
Pot luck. - See Jeanette’s signup, sent out to you by email.Tony brings the wine and cups and plates, etc.
Your Notebooks. Everyone needs to finish up the online notebook. For those of you who are way behind, I’ll expect either a post for individual songs, or an integrated post (with commitment) that shows what you’ve done this semester—with a written component in parallel. I told you early on that you’d need to keep up with the blogs, that’s part of their value—so, for those of you who haven’t done this (for whatever reason), I’ll want to see an alternative—one that shows your work for the term and your thoughts about the songs and the projects. The equivalent of a paper. I’ll pay close attention to how you handle this.
Concluding Post. Also, I’ll expect everyone to write a concluding post. Where the course took you, what you expected, where you found yourself going. With some thoughts as to the value of the endeavor, educationally, emotionally—and (as always) suggestions as to where I might take such a course in the future. There will be changes, as of next year as to how I structure the class so your comments are of particular interest to me. Please give some thought to this—I’m not looking for pats on the back—more interested in how you’ve made sense of what we’ve done together…
And an important question: With all the social and political turmoil over the issue of immigration—a mask for the question of “who belongs here” in this shared land of ours—how has listening to and working from these canciones Mexicanas changed the way you see México—and Mexican culture— la culture mexicana? How can this be brought to bear on the issues we face as a society? What do the songs tell us? About México? About each other…? About yourself? You can make this part of your concluding post.
____
Due Date. Completed notebooks are due by 6pm Sunday May 6
I’ll review each persons notebook. If yours is completed before May 6, please let me know by email so that I can take an earlier look!
_____

There have been many marvelous classes with you folks—I want to thank you for this. And the way the group has come together in the last few weeks, even more so...
I have a hunch--me parece cierto-- that we'll all remember this time together--que se va a quedar bien en la memoria de cada uno...!
con un abrazo fuerte,
Tony

No comments:
Post a Comment